Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ode to Genius






The love of my life
no cliche





a drunk madman
highly functioning autistic
they label
deep hot pockets of sentient lucidity
the missing link
to bond my being
was it him?

They label and say
dysfunction rules the day
make lists of what you need
live the good life
repair the damage
choosewisely
oh I'm a traitor
to they

He was weak, bad, broken, mistaken, genetically flawed and unsuitable
yet we bonded
so I am the same?
woman I was underneath
alone
left to gape a hole unfillable
by listed men

Tick tack
sticky like glue
my heart untouched
tick tock
I tend the garden
to purge the question

Oh I'm a traitor, to caring, loving, decency, honest hard-working
making efforts to reform
surrounded by solid vegetables
first touched by his hand
that caressed my skin

In fiery whirlpools
shaking day-to-day
to stand revealed
and loved

And burnt
rendered unsuitable
for listed men

Only flawed
perfect madman

Was it him?








No comments: