Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fernhook Falls 3 - Day 2











 After losing myself into the fire, my eyes rough with smoke, I slept well, dreaming of kisses and waking with excited anticipation for the day ahead.








The day dawned (at last!) and lit the way to the errr....outhouse.




I love this about camping - among all the other things! - my intended morning coffee down by the waterfall turned into a mini expedition.






























Feeling right at home now, haha, w/e goes :) with the clothing














The sound of water falling, always help me to move through my thoughts and feelings, in such a natural, easy way.






I can't help my sleeping dreams, even though they disturb the peace, and bring me longing for love I can't have at present, but the day ones I'll rationalize, and focus on the writing (for my book) that I want to do here, and my relationship with God.










lichen I liken



I listened to 'Ave Maria' late last night, next to the smoldering fire, and felt incredibly moved. Mary, the mother, always in the background, always loving with her gentle acceptance and understanding. 






the electric universe reflected
















After breakfast, I decide today is the day, I climb Mt Frankland. 
Always, always! something is forgotten on a camping trip, and this time it is my small day back-pack.
So, I had to compromise with a shoulder bag, for my water bottle and camera.

Listening to some Armin, the drive through the forest is like a magical carpet-ride :)






I'd last camped at Mt Frankland some twenty years ago, when there was just a small car-park and a hut. The place had been revamped, but it didn't spoil it - and it was good to think more people came there to soak in the beauty and peace.

















'do not proceed if you are faint of heart or foolhardy' 





The watchman's hut (where I'd stayed all those years ago, but no camping allowed here now)
































granite!


















very civilized








but the views 
are not
!























well, hello you two











nearly there!








and then, the top




















looking north :)
wilderness, a far as the eye can see







south



west




east





a  shroom on the top





green in the granite







a glimpse of the ocean





 The views all the way up Mt Frankland are stunning. Wilderness, as far as the eye could see. And knowing it went on, for even longer than that...
A great, living, breathing eco-system of biodiversity.

I was up to the summit in 15-20 mins, stopping to take photos and a breather. It was much easier and quicker than I expected, from the sign at the bottom, although 
it's quite steep, with a ladder up one nearly vertical rock-face.
And that towerman would sure have been fit!
The view was well worth it, of course, I could see the coastline, the Conspicuous Cliffs looked every bit as conspicuous from this far away.
To the east, I could see Bluff Knoll and the Porongorups.
To the west, massive forest, and to the north, massive wilderness.

I lay down on the granite, so high above the Earth, so much closer to rarefied air, with my face to the Sun, and felt it all buzzing beneath me.









going back down












As I predicted, on the way back down when I saw the ladder descent, I felt the first twinges of vertigo. So I quickly put my camera back in my bag and turned around and began to go down before my mind had a chance to take hold. Yoga training came in handy, I kept breathing right, and down I came.





my inner lands unite and relate me to this Aboriginal vision






Back at the bottom, more beauty (via a short, tamer walk) is waiting


















2nd tree hugged :)
 








I took a drive to the wilderness side, Mt Frankland from far away









water-damage










a drive home








back at camp


It it only 3.15 pm but it feels late, the sun is receding behind the trees and there's some cloud cover - nice to see, the clouds will trap the heat from the day, and I'll have another warm(ish!) night.
I have the outside pit fire lit, and it is very pleasant :)












(but it soon becomes just as problematic as the one inside last night)







A quick photo while it still looks good 




This fire does not not let me relax, at least, not yet, it is a challenge, but I believe I'm equal to the task!
Smoky eyes again.
It's taken 1/4 of a bottle of vegetable oil and 4 or 5 firelighters, to get this far.









4.20 pm - So, it looks like I have the fire won :)

5 pm - I had a baked bean, cheese and tomato jaffle for dinner, cooked on the temperamental fire, and half a glass (steel mug) of organic cow's milk

5.30 pm - Just when I think I have the fire won, it dies down and smokes even more

6 pm - It will soon be dark and I'll make like a nocturnal again and sit beside the waterfall with its floating-on-air bubbles that glow in the dark, from the light given by the falls.
I've had a dance, a solo forest rave, and the warm fire is pretending to be tame.






nightstalking






















The moon is half-way and so am I, to bed, I know I will sleep well again, and I'm secretly hoping my dreams will be as good ;)



the end of the day


Kookaburras said goodnight!


No comments: