Total Pageviews

Monday, September 22, 2014

Back on Godlike Productions Forum :)

I didn't even want to admit it to myself, but I'd been feeling the gap left in my life, yawning by size and boredom, through by my being banned from GLP.
I argued with myself, that it's only because I might be argumentative, and now there was no-one to argue with, and that it was a good thing I had to overcome my needing GLP ...
Then, a few days ago, I clicked back onto the site, just to see the familiar logo, and to my surprise I was in - no 'banned' screen staring glumly back at me.




It was pretty exciting, the killers were still at it [search 'thread killer' on GLP if you want to know more] and the news behind the news was still going strong, the gun fans and anti-Muslims, the spiritual searchers and the egos and idiots, here I was again, and I have to confess, it felt like coming home.
One that I get kicked out of, from time to time, maybe like a rebellious teenager.

My time away hadn't been all dirge-like though, it had done me some good, giving me the time to focus on my other avenues of internet writing, and re-assess what I was actually doing, to achieve my aim of being the world's first great internet writer :)
Since no-one else can claim that title yet, I figured I was still in with a chance!

Driven by that maybe urge to argue, I started a discussion forum on Facebook.
I called it 'Forum for Discussions' hoping to have many and not only one.

I went to the extent of buying a profile pic, for $2.50.




About: a central page for people to discuss world events and issues

Description: Forum for Discussions supports free speech ideals, within the laws of 

Australia.


It aims to be tolerant, but encourages good manners.



And then I invited my friends to like the page.
You can imagine what that felt like, I expected the usual FB silence, and that is pretty much what I got. But not absolute silence, so I've kept it ticking along for now, albeit very quietly, before I might have to let it sink into FB la-laa land, where I already have incumbutants.
24 likes so far [3 weeks since launch] and three people have posted replies to my 'threads'.
The only other thread post was simply a link to a political cartoon in the Canberra Times.
No-one posted a comment on it, and 1 person liked it.
But - there was a debate with some heat, on free speech, which I will post on my soon-to-be website.

It barely touched the sides of my argument needs.
Would I soon be forced into bashing my friends' ears with opinions on everything they didn't want to talk about?
So, I joined a Catholic forum, determined to confront my argumentation head-on, and reform.
I was in for another surprise, the Catholic forum wasn't the sycophantic circle-jerk one might imagine.
On the political sub-forum, I soon became embroiled in a debate about illegal immigration, that was as satisfying as anything on GLP, except with less participants.
My antagonist was a patriot American, who wants the borders made secure, and is rejecting the Pope's directives to 'welcome strangers'. Here was an antagonist worthy of any red-neck on GLP, and he's keeping at it, too.
If the Catholic forum consents, I'll post that debate too, on my soon-to-be website.
They knew all about the masons, intelligent, aware beings that they are, and were none too polite, another surprise, I'd feared the worst ;)
I stopped calling my penchant for solid discussion argumentative, and embraced my calling.
But...the site was so ssslllooooow compared to GLP, I missed the fast fury, the expanse of everything under the Sun.

:)
So....good to be back, I'm too scared to try logging in as K.Kool, in case I precipitate another banning, so I am now a humble Anonymous Coward called kk, and am learning the ropes of AC-dom.
Best of all, I discovered I still have Dear Readers of this blog, even without GLP.

XXKK


No comments: